ProxySQL is a high performance highly-available protocol aware proxy for MySQL and its forks (Percona Server, MariaDB). ProxySQL is a 100% open source GPL project recognized by the MySQL Community as the ‘Application of the Year’ for two consecutive years in 2017 and 2018.
Our company is growing and we are looking for more great people to join in contributing to the development of ProxySQL as well as providing best-in-class solutions to meet the demands of our subscription and support clients. Apart from providing high grade support services around the clock, we engage in large scale enterprise projects and are often called to the rescue in challenging situations. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with bright and dedicated team mates while contributing to the success of the team.
Our distributed team works remotely from various locations and time zones. Unless a particular region is specified for a position, candidates from any location can apply.
ProxySQL Database Reliability Engineer [JOBSPEC-D41] – 26th January 2021
Full-time: Remote (anywhere in the world)
- MySQL Database Administration experience (minimum 3 years) Deep knowledge of daily MySQL database operations using industry standard tooling i.e. installation, configuration, performance troubleshooting, backup / recovery, etc.
- Ability to perform schema, index and query analysis in order to provide improvements in the scope of daily activities as well as regular health checks
- Experience managing mission critical enterprise grade MySQL clusters (large volumes of transactions with datasets in the range of terabytes)
- Experience working with Oracle MySQL, MySQL Group Replication, Amazon RDS / Aurora, Galera Cluster, Percona Server / XtraDB Cluster or MariaDB
- Experience in implementing High-Availability solutions with tools such as ProxySQL and Orchestrator
- Skilled in using automation tools such as Ansible (or similar e.g. Chef / Puppet / Salt)
- Development skills in a scripting language such as Python (or similar e.g. Perl / Go)
- Linux system administration skills, specifically those needed for MySQL administration i.e. package management (YUM / APT), user management, tuning kernel parameters, filesystem management (XFS/Ext4/LVM), configuring cron jobs / logrotate and usage of common tools etc.
- Knowledge around monitoring and performance trending tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and Nagios is desirable
- Demonstrable open source contributions will be highly regarded
- Language requirement: English
If you are interested in the position above please send us your details here (adding the job title and spec code in the subject field) together with any examples of relevant open source project contributions, salary expectations and a brief overview of why you are interested in joining our team!
NOTE: All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.