Releasing ProxySQL 1.4.6
Proudly announcing the release of the latest stable release of ProxySQL 1.4.6 as of the 1st of February 2018.
ProxySQL is a high performance, high availability, protocol aware proxy for MySQL.
It can be downloaded here, and freely usable and accessible according to GPL license.
ProxySQL 1.4.6 includes a number of important improvements and bug fixes including:
SETstatements could lead to crash as reported in #1342
- Greatly reduced locking contention on the SQLite database for the ProxySQL Admin and Statistics tables
In addition, this release also contains the improvements and fixes from ProxySQL 1.4.5 which were not announced, they are included below for the sake of completeness:
- Missing locks in Prepared Statements Manager caused crashes #1307
- Unnecessary attempts to purge PS cache could lead to high CPU usage and slowdown #1312
- Mirroring could cause crash #1305
- ProxySQL Cluster caused crash if mysql_replication_hostgroups.comment is NULL #1304
SHOW MYSQL STATUS becomes very slow with millions of PS in cache #1333
stats_mysql_query_rules.hitscould have an integer overflow
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are considering upgrading from a version prior to 1.4.5 it is recommended to install version 1.4.6 directly.
A special thanks to all the people that reports bugs: this makes each version of ProxySQL better than the previous one.
Please report any bugs or feature requests on github issue tracker