Releasing ProxySQL 1.4.4
I am happy to announce the release of the latest stable release of ProxySQL 1.4.4 on 20 December 2017.
ProxySQL is a high performance, high availability, protocol aware proxy for MySQL.
It can be downloaded here, and freely usable and accessible according to GPL license.
ProxySQL 1.4.4 it is not a simple bug fixes release: a lot of new features and performance improvement were introduced.
The most important new features are:
- Admin Module now regularly collects historical statistics of various metrics: this allows to better understanding trending
- Introduced a new web interface to export simple statistics. From here it is even possible to check for newer version
- Added bandwidth throttling for resultsets sent from ProxySQL to client, or from MySQL server to ProxySQL: see wiki
- Added watchdog to automatically restart proxysql if MySQL threads are not reporting heartbeat: see wiki
- It is now possible to configure ProxySQL to call an external script in case proxysql daemon terminates not gracefully. See execute_on_exit_failure
- Added support for collation
utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci, now default in MySQL 8.0
- Added new algorithm to limit the number of new connections per second to backends, controlled by variable variable
mysql-throttle_connections_per_sec_to_hostgroup, in order to mitigates connections spikes. This feature is also able to boost performance for some workload. The default value for this variable is set to, in order to 1000000 to be backward compatible
- Added support for monitoring replication lag using Percona heartbeat table instead of
ProxySQL 1.4.4 intruduces also several performance improvements:
- Several optimizations reduce memory allocation overhead for small resultsets
- By default, do not profile CPU usage for query processor and backend library
- Reset connections using the same user it is currently used, instead of the generic monitoring user
Complete release notes for ProxySQL 1.4.4 are available online
A special thanks to all the people that reports bugs: this makes each version of ProxySQL better than the previous one.
Please report any bugs or feature requests on github issue tracker